Friday, June 27, 2008

Adding To The Library

I am oh so excited for this one. Yes, I am all for eating healthy. And sweets are healthy if they are not everyday for every meal...AND if they are made from real ingredients. Eating should be a pleasure and a joy. Sometimes that means sweets! Thank goodness!
I like cook books that challenge me. I'm okay with the words "easy" and "organic" when it comes to cooking. "Seasonal" is where the challenge comes in. No strawberries in winter? This is a hard thought for me at first. But as I think it through a bit more I like the idea of seasonal food...it makes you look forward to each new season. Strawberries for summer, apples for fall, oranges for winter, etc. To be honest, I have no idea what vegetables are in season and when. I'll be finding out soon enough.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I also like eating in season because everything tastes better! Lucky for us, so many wonderful things are coming into season now!