Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer Dinners

Last night's dinner was perfect. Light, filling, and fresh. Here's the details:
This picture is a little misleading...I acutally made Orange-Raspberry muffins. For my first try at this recipe I followed the book to a "t". Next time I make them I will swap out the white flour for whole wheat or another whole grain flour. They turned out super yummy!

For this recipe you need the zest and juice from one whole orange!

Mmmm. "Fay, are these oranges hand-squeezed?". Yup.
Buttermilk. Definitely not vegan. Next time around I'll try my almond milk.
Fresh raspberries.



Our pretty table. Look at all the color!
Eating raspberries always takes me immediately to my Grandma's backyard...Grandpa picks the raspberries fresh from the bush for us to taste. So, so good. I hope the raspberries are ready when I visit home next month!
All food (except the orange) from the farmer's market. This corn was amazing, truly. No need for butter, salt, or pepper. Just good.



1 comment:

Dianne said...

Grandpa's and my raspberries are already to eat. I have had more than usual. The deer left them alone. Grandpa will probably have some of his ready for you. I think mine will be over. A doe and her two fawn got to my tomatoes. I guess I didn't keep the repellent on strong enough. I wanted to cry. They also ate some of the squash and pumpkin vine, but I think I will still get a good crop. Deer are cute only in the mountains.